Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Input data tool - how many connections to other tools?

Baz123
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Quick question - I have an input Data tool to bring in a data source for analysis.

This input then needs to split off to four separate tools for separate workflows. Currently when I try to join it to the fourth, Alteryx seems to not allow it.

Is there a maximum limit for the Input Data tool out going connection?

Seems annoying to bring in the input data tool for the same data to be read twice?

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @Baz123 ,

I am not aware of such a limit on Input Data Tool.

Do you see any error messages ?

Baz123
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Yoshiro_Fujimori no error messages - just when you grab the output connector then go to join to the next tool (the fourth one) the connection line disappears?

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Baz123 There is no such limit for input tool , can you delete the input tool and add a new one and try again? If that not resolved your problem can you screen shot your workflow to see the configuration

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@Baz123 

Can you post a screen shot of what your current workflow looks like, focusing  on the fourth tool that your trying to connect to?

Dan

Baz123
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

Just an update - it seems that Alteryx was having an issue. I saved the flow at the end of the day, and tested it to four connections the next day and it works now. Not sure what was the issue in the end.

Thanks.

Labels