Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RÉSOLU

Including .yxi tools when publishing workflow to Alteryx server

Jurjenz
Météore

Hi all,

I'm trying to run a workflow which end with a 'publish to tableau server' tool. Previously when I was using older versions of this tool (normal macro tools) I was able to include this tool to when publishing to alteryx server by going 'manage workflow asset' -> select the macro -> publish -> schedule the workflow from the server.

Now with the new installed .yxi 'publish to tableau server tool' this no longer works. I don't get the option to include this tool in my workflow when publishing and it also isn't automatically included when publishing. Running the workflow locally there is no issue.

Am I missing something here, or does anyone else have idea on how to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Jurjen

1 RÉPONSE 1
BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus
Hi!

I would advise talking to your server admin and getting them to install the same .yxi on the server.

Then Alteryx Server will see this as a default tool and know where to look for it (this is why you dont get the option to include it as an asset(.

Ben
Étiquettes