Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

In-Database Data Stream Out and/or Browse In-DB tools causing flow to stall/freeze

domlewis15
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I've had this issue a few times now on various Alteryx flows. They run fine in a few minutes at most, but as soon as I add a browse in-DB tool or a Data Stream Out tool, the flow slows to the point where it is completely unusable. I added a count of records and streamed that out and there were only 200 records, but it took 23 minutes to complete. Does anyone know a reason for this happening, and if there is any solution for it?

The data is coming from a SQL Server database.

Thanks in advance.

2 REPLIES 2
randreag
11 - Bolide

hi @domlewis15 

it happened to a workflow i was builfing a few months ago and in my case the problem was the driver I was using. 

I was connecting to SQL Server using ODBC driver and changed it to OLDB and it performs better.

Anyway, always you put a datastream out you load the data locally and it increments the time it takes to process. Try make just the count with the IN DB browser

I hope it helps 

Cpadilla98
6 - Meteoroid

Hi, was this issue ever resolved? Coming across the same issue here

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels