Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Identifying the unique between two columns

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Dear all, 

I have two columns A and B contains lots of mobile numbers, I want to check the data in column B with data in column A and filter the numbers which are unique not exist in column A and write them in new column C. 

Any help in that please?

10 REPLIES 10
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Feras95p,

Do you have any sample data?

Regards,

Jonathan

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Unfortunately, I have the actual data but I can't share it due to privacy. Do you have any idea on how I can do it?

Thanks 

vishnuharinarayanan
7 - Meteor

Hi,

Can you please share your requirement so that we would be able to find a solution?

Please find the sample number below:

vishnuharinarayanan_0-1589205926854.png

Can you please explain your requirement based on the data shown above? Also , it would be great if you can specify the numbers needed in Column C  based on the data shown above.

neilgallen
12 - Quasar

There's a couple of routes to do this, but you'll likely just need a join, using the numbers as a key.

Depending on your use case, the three anchors out of the join tool (L,J,R) will give you what you're looking for.

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Hi @vishnuharinarayanan ,

I have in column A a list of mobile phone and in column B also a list of mobile phone. I want to create a workflow so that take each number in column B and check it with column A. If the number exist in column A ignore it if it's not write the number in column C so at the end I will have a list of mobile phone in column C which are in Column written in column B only not in A and B. 

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Could you please help me with a sample of one way to do it?

Thanks in advance for your kind support.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Feras95p,

I think this is what you're trying to achieve?

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

vishnuharinarayanan
7 - Meteor

Hi Feras,

Here i am attaching a sample workflow where you will get in Column C , the list of phone numbers that are present only in Column A. 

Let me know if this your requirement.

Thank you

Feras95p
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your help!

Labels