Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

INDb tools refresh every time a tool is input

TDGuy
7 - Meteor

For example, when I bring in a new tool, the field lists will go through a refresh cycle.  This happens every time I bring in a new tool, or connect a tool.

Previously, I would have to run the workflow for available fields to be visible in a summarize tool.  Now it does it automatically, which is creating a huge delay when trying to build workflows because I have to wait for it to refresh after every interaction on the canvas.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
joshuaburkhow
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

What version is this? I would almost say the best to do here is to let support@alteryx.com know about this issue. I haven't seen/heard of this happening before. 

Joshua Burkhow - Alteryx Ace | Global Alteryx Architect @PwC | Blogger @ AlterTricks
TDGuy
7 - Meteor

Thanks,  this was confirmed in 2019.1 and 2018.3.

TDGuy
7 - Meteor

Alright - Lisa was able to set me straight.

"You can disable that feature by going into Options -> User Settings -> Edit User Settings -> Advanced tab and then checking the box beside Disable Auto Configure and then saving that."

thedr9wningman
8 - Asteroid

I had this same issue. I'm trying it out with that change. I can confirm that this saves me an extraordinary amount of time. 

Labels