Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

IF THERE IS A NUMBER IN A FIELD, TO RETURN A BESPOKE STATEMENT IN A DIFFERENT COLUMN

binsell
8 - Asteroid
Hi Everyone, I'm trying to write an IF statement but not getting the outcome I want. I want to return the words 'Returned last years SCSFEE' in the comment column IF there is a number in the SCS Last Year column. Below is the data before and what I want it to look like after. You will see as there is no number in the first row of data, therefore I don't want any comment to be returned. As the second row of data has 500 in the SCSFEE Last Year, I want to return the statement '  Returned last years SCSFEE' Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

BEFORE:
SID        COMMENT       SCSFEE Last Year
5678                                 500

AFTER:
SID        COMMENT                                     SCSFEE Last Year
5678     Returned last years SCSFEE          500
3 REPLIES 3
kamal03
9 - Comet

Hi @binsell 

This can be achieved by using the if condition in the formula tool.

Let me know if it worked for you or not.

binsell
8 - Asteroid

@kamal03 thank you so much! It was the ! I was missing and why it wasn't working for me! Much appreciated :) 

Aryasuta_Panda
7 - Meteor

Hi , This might be another solution to your problem.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels