Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I want to retain multiple records, but the records duplicate on one field

nordmaeo
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have a data set that has a unique identifier for members, then I have measures associated with each member that can range from 1-20 rows. I also have a field that says which "group" a member can belong to. There are only two groups. However some members can belong to both. This is where all my records are duplicating. How do I filter out the extra records by identifying these members?

3 REPLIES 3
AbhilashR
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi! could you provide us a sample of your dataset to look at and suggest an approach? Unique tool or Summarize tools are often used to remove duplicates.

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @nordmaeo,

It's a little difficult to know exactly what you're looking for without a little more information but I've given it a go, summarising my input table to concatenate the groups for each Unique Identifier and Measure pair to ensure one line per scenario.

My input:

Jonathan-Sherman_1-1589493305712.png

My Output:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589493286679.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Or perhaps a unique tool if you want to keep only the first group per Unique Identifier and Measure pair:

Jonathan-Sherman_0-1589493544507.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know! I've attached my workflow for you to download if needed.

Regards,

Jonathan

Labels