Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to view output of workflows run as an app without saving a file?

EKBS83
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have been using the drop down interface on a workflow connected to a filter.

Spent a long time on this wondering why it wasn't working, despite the config seeming sound - then when I connected a genuine output to excel file, I could see in fact it was working exactly how i wanted.

I would have thought I should get the same effect connecting a browse tool as my output, but I just get "no data available".

Is there a way of viewing the App-run output more easily?  I feel like I could troubleshoot far more effectively this way than having to save a file each time.

Feel a bit daft having spent so much time on such a simple thing!

EKBS83_0-1634043927741.png

6 REPLIES 6
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @EKBS83 ,

You can go to the interface designer and configure your browse tool to show results.

fmvizcaino_0-1634046824766.png

Another suggestion I have to you when developing analytical apps, take a look on the debug mode, where you can easily identify problems in your action tools configuration.

https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/debug-workflow

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

HomesickSurfer
12 - Quasar

Hi @EKBS83 

I assume that you may need to do something with/about the output records.

How about outputting your workflow results to a temporary file, calling a chained app that will show specified fields, allowing you (de)select, then possibly another chained app that allows you to modify or delete the selected record(s)? 

Have a look at something I've offered: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Unable-to-pass-data-using-the-drop-dow...

danishimam
7 - Meteor

@fmvizcainoIs it possible to view/preview the output when we run this app in Gallery?

danishimam_0-1634571640950.png

Thanks in advance.

Danish

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @danishimam ,

It is possible to preview your dataset when using the yxdb format in your output tool.

Another suggestion is for you to use a table + render tool (select the pcxml format), then you will be able to see the whole dataset in the gallery.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

EKBS83
7 - Meteor

Hey,

Thanks for this - fairly new to the interface tool but the designer and debug worked great thank you!

BR

Ed

danishimam
7 - Meteor

Thank you @fmvizcaino , i can see the data preview on gallery now.

Labels