Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to use row rule for 1 specific row?

hoye
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have a chart that input to an email, and I have a total row at the bottom that shows my numbers tie out. I was to chance the background color to green if the tie out and red if they don't. Whenever I try to do a row rule, it applies to the total column as well. Any tips on this?

Here is the chart for reference:

new chart.jpg

Thank you so much everyone has been so helpful!

-e

8 REPLIES 8
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @hoye 

Could you share the configuration of how you currently have it set-up?

hoye
7 - Meteor

Here is the configuration:

send.jpg

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @hoye 

Sorry should have been more specific. Could you share the configs of the row/column rule(s) causing the issue?

hoye
7 - Meteor

gg.jpg

I hope this is what you are talking about, sorry I am a new user and I am just getting my head wrapped around some of the terminology.

When I do this for the rule:

It will change other rows, not just the bottom row (which I just want the bottom row to be adjusted)

Here is what I get:

ff.jpg

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @hoye 

I see, I think the confusion is that there is a row labeled total and a column named total. 

Try changing the configuration to be a formula like this:

IF [Account Group] = "Total" and [Total] = 0

hoye
7 - Meteor

r.jpg

I am getting this error message, any tips?

Thank you for all your help!

Luke_C
17 - Castor

@hoye  sorry try removing the 'IF'

FinnCharlton
13 - Pulsar

@hoye , Don't think you need the 'IF' here, just try [Account Group]='Total' and [Total]=0

Labels