Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to trigger to run workflow based on the record count of the oracle query result

ravi061
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

Need your expertise here, I have a requirement to trigger/run the workflow based on the record count(0) of Input tool(Oracle Query) and this whole process should run everyday on the server morning 6 - 10 am in between, not after/before those timings. Additional to that if the run is success for one time, then it shouldnt run that day. 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
Manoj_k
9 - Comet

Hi @ravi061 in alteryx to automatically run the workflow you will require the alteryx scheduler.

ravi061
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Manoj_k 

I have the scheduler and server, but i don't know how to do mentioned process.

mzak89
7 - Meteor

Hello!

I do not know it is possible to schedule on demand based on some value.

But you can execute the flow, check the condition first, and then stop processing when the condition is not met by enforcing an error (ie. by using test tool or message tool)

snip to stop processing.png

To be extra sure that processing is stopped, you can also filter out all data if the parameter does not match.

We got similar process in place when first small workflow executes first.Checks if all the conditions are met. If not, it produce an output.

This output servers as an input for the main workflow and if it's there, it prevents the main workflow from further execution.

Example of this idea in the attachment.

Kind regards
Mateusz

ravi061
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Manoj_k,

We have the scheduler aka Gallery, But there is no option for me to schedule for particular timings daily as i mentioned on the description That's what needed for my requirement.

Labels