Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to select starting row of a table based on dynamic data volume of multiple data sets?

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I am looking for a solution based on the attachment, where I have two separate data sets in Sheet 1 and 2 respectively.

The main data table for  Sheet 1 starts from row 12 and for Sheet 2 starts from row 15 respectively.

I have been using SAMPLE and DYNAMIC RENAME tools, such that I could configure the starting point of the table as given in the OUTPUT tab.

But as this can be dynamic based on volume of the data, is there a way the input tool can be configured with some other tool such that it exactly starts from exactly how it is given in the OUTPUT tab (that is to make the references adaptive to the templates)? I have posted the Output structure in another tab for reference. 

Any help on this would be highly appreciated!

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
gawa
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @db89 

You can specify starting row in "7 Start Data Import on Line" in Input tool configuration.

See attached WF for your ready reference.

image.png

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @db89 

There is a dynamic solution for you , I assume you have merged all sheets already.

录制_2023_10_27_16_32_01_413.gif

and of course, you can made a batch macro for start line of input.

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hey @gawa Gawa,

That is something I have done, and want to refrain from doing that because every inputs starting from import line will be different. :)

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hey @flying008 ,

Thanks for the response, would you be able to share the 'yxmd file so that i can take a look please?

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @db89 

Sorry ! Because our security policy, I can't upload .yxmd file to here, but the gif are clear explain the flow.

db89
8 - Asteroid

Hi @flying008 
Ah its fine I figured it out but thanks for being so helpful! :)

Labels