Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to search by cell value and arrange on alteryx

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

hegdepavithra10_0-1602845218202.png

Lets consider the snippet above. The requirement is that the attributes in bold must be imported on to alteryx with their corresponding values next to them on to alteryx so that they can be compared to the same columns from another file.

I am having trouble in importing these values or aligning them in some way so that i can compare with the other file.

is there any way to achieve the below?

hegdepavithra10_1-1602845464109.png

15 REPLIES 15
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hegdepavithra10 

Are the input files always in the same format ?

Where 3rd and 4th row have the info to be transformed.

radha_ashok
7 - Meteor

Hi, Can you pls provide the sample files to work on this

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @hegdepavithra10 

This is definitely achievable, as @atcodedog05 said  however, I am curious as to whether these are always in the same position. Can you please upload the excel spreadsheet that you screenshot above, and i'll be more than happy to take a look at this for you!

Cheers,
Owen

Bulien
hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

Yes. They are always in the same format.

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

Here are the files. The snippet i attached is from the file named as "Alteryx sample(i). So this is the use case. There are multiple Alteryx sample files. They are based on the type value in file "Alteryx main file".

(i)I need to compare the numerical values under the bold attributes in both the files.

(ii)The bold attribute names in both the files are not exactly same.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hegdepavithra10 

That's great info. Can you provide some sample files and expected output. So that we can stream line our workflow according to the requirement.

Edit : great you just shared 🙂

Thanks

hegdepavithra10
9 - Comet

The sample files will be in the same format, they wont change.Just the numerical values will change. So a generic workflow for the files i have provided would suffice for the rest.

TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

hi @hegdepavithra10 

I have achieved a workflow that received the output you were hoping for:

TheOC_1-1602850242473.png

I'm sure @atcodedog05 knows a way of making it much more concise and elegant, but this works with your excel sheet provided!

Bulien
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @hegdepavithra10 

Here is a workflow for the task.

Output:

atcodedog05_0-1602851864661.png

Workflow:

atcodedog05_1-1602851885696.png

Hope this helps 🙂 and what you are looking for.

If this post helps you please mark it as solution. And give a like if you dont mind 😀👍

Labels