Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to schedule a alteryx workflow every day at 8 PM to run and share the results on mail

Ram_RK
7 - Meteor

How to schedule a workflow at a specific interval of time daily and get a automated mail on the data. Compare results once the workflow is completed.

14 REPLIES 14
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

I think this was addressed before: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/How-to-run-workflow-at-specifi.... So firstly, do you have Alteryx Server in order to schedule a workflow?

griffinwelsh
11 - Bolide

You need to load your workflow to the Alteryx server to schedule it. You can use the email tool at the end of your workflow to email the results of your report or you can use an email event once the workflow has run.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

You will need to use Alteryx server, find a sales rep who will still sell you Scheduler or learn how to google solutions on Alteryx community better. IE - It's none of our business if Alteryx doesn't remove posts about how to schedule processes with VBA.

Ram_RK
7 - Meteor

that's not a solution, i wanted to run without Alteryx Server. 

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

It is a solution -  We are explaining to you a product limitation and the license agreement that your company has signed.

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Since you accepted the other thread as a solution, it was an assumption that you may have Server. There are some solutions on the Community that you can search for as @apathetichell mentioned, but Server is the official legal way.

apathetichell
18 - Pollux

@alexnajm in this case I'd change "official" to "legal"

again - not my business if Alteryx allows posts on how to circumvent their license agreements - but not our role to handhold finding them...

Ram_RK
7 - Meteor

There were 2 parts of the Question I asked, I accepted the solution for Filter tool for Email sending option. 
But For Scheduling the workflow without Alteryx Server is what I am searching for...@Alex

I dont have alteryx server. 

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Agreed @apathetichell - changed

Labels