Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to remove invisible space?

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

I tried to use replace and the cleansing tool to remove the space for the second row of chinese characters but it didn't work.

There is a big gap between the parentheses but when I highlight them, it is counted as 1 along with the space.

JinOnn_0-1631270614895.png

Any suggestions?

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @JinOnn 

Can you post the actual text rather than a screenshot? This is probably a character that looks like a space but isn't actually the space that comes from your spacebar.

Try putting it into the below site to see what you're working with.

https://www.babelstone.co.uk/Unicode/whatisit.html 

MatthewBr
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Open the file with something like a hex editor to determine what character is there and then you can use a formula tool with REGEX_REPLACE.  

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

With the link that you provided, I was able to identify it as U+FF08 : FULLWIDTH LEFT PARENTHESIS, which is different from a regular parenthesis. Because of that I managed to use the formula tool to replace it with a standard parenthesis. My only question is, what is the actual purpose for a fullwidth left parenthesis compared to a standard parenthesis?

JinOnn
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for your response. I used 'Replace'  and it worked as well. I replaced " (" with "("

Labels