Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to remove Filed note special chatacter

shailendra88
6 - Meteoroid

Hi All, Please help me to remove special character as per below snapshot:- in alteryx its showing as "Field Note" ( red notation mark on right top corner of a filed) but when I am copying the data to excel showing as "" special character.(i.e sallysong) I tried to replace it in "find and replace tool" but no luck. please help urgently. thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

Hi @shailendra88 

There is no screenshot on your post. 

shailendra88
6 - Meteoroid
Apology Client policy, cannot upload anything from client system. Hope I am able to explain the issue:- in excel:- on a field if we add a Note/Comment it show red mark on top right corner. same I can see in alteryx result window. when I am coying the data from alteryx to excel then its showing me as "sallysong". this box b/w sally and song is the special character. Apology if I am not able to explain it clearly.
pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

I'm not 100% I get what the issue is, but to try to help out:

1. Try adding a Data Cleansing tool to clean up the field

2. Use the DecomposeUnicodeForMatch([_CurrentField_]) function on the Formula Tool to clean up the field.

Pedro.

shailendra88
6 - Meteoroid

Oops, no luck, thanks anyway, i tried to attach the snapshot this time

IMG_4079.jpg

shailendra88
6 - Meteoroid

This red mar- comment or note in excel field, thats i am not able to clean, thinking about find&replace took but not sure what should i place in dind section for this one

pedrodrfaria
13 - Pulsar

@shailendra88 can you provide a fake example that is doing that? It doesn't have to be your dataset, just something that mimics it so we can better understand.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

if all you are doing is trying to remove characters other than A-Z, a-z, 0-9; then you can use a RegEx Replace.

Labels