Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to rectify the null after read the output file .

Navyasree123
8 - Asteroid

Hi all,Hope all are great today this is my query of the day

We can add formula using the condition just like add values to a cell it works perfectly ,but i read the output it shows Null.

How can i solve this problem successfully , please help me with this query.

Thank you .

11 REPLIES 11
Raj
14 - Magnetar

have you tried with different output file type?

as this should not happen as you have selected the column stating with "=" sign and the excel file is reading it as an incorrect formula.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Navyasree123 It is working for me

binuacs_0-1686046903978.png

Navyasree123
8 - Asteroid

Hi @raj,Thank you for reply

Iam using the same output file only , without '=' also it shows same .

Navyasree123
8 - Asteroid

Hi @binuacs , Thank you

You said correct but Take that output and read the file into input it shows null.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Navyasree123 That is strange, Can you open the output Excel file, save it again and close it, then try to open in Alteryx? 

Navyasree123
8 - Asteroid

@binuacs ,its working i have one more doubt it is not showing the sum value in the sum field ,it shows the formula

jdminton
12 - Quasar

I was able to recreate your issue. I believe it stems from the cells not calculating in Excel until you open and save it in Excel. I'm not certain why Alteryx reads it in as null unless it has do with Microsoft's encoding. Support might want to know about this for future releases.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Navyasree123 I can see the values after saving to open in alteryx using the input file

binuacs_0-1686058789870.png

Navyasree123
8 - Asteroid

@binuacsiam attached the file below ,what i did wrong in that

Labels