Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to "read" MS EXCEL Formula from a cell and output it as a text in another spreadsheet

ykhondo
6 - Meteoroid

Does anyone know if there is a tool in ALTERYX that can read MS Excel worksheet cells that have a "Used Range" with "Special Cells with Cell Type Formulas" and return its content as a string? I am trying to document a very large and complex MS EXCEL workbook and VBA code for that works only on the small ranges. When I attempt read formulas from a worksheet with 1000+ rows and 10 + columns there seems to be not enough memory to hold huge arrays values and VBA program "hangs"... I hope there is a solution in Alteryx for what I am trying to do, is there? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES 2
ykhondo
6 - Meteoroid

I have seen these links, thank you for the reference. I am still working on figuring out which delimiters to use in order to read formulas content from EXCEL pages.

Labels