Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to prevent the Table tool from removing text?

AlteryxUser1
7 - Meteor

When I try to move a dataset from a Union tool with 15 columns into the the Table tool, text and numbers get cut off. For example, a value of 3,000,000 will become "3,000,0" in the Browse tool.

I'm using the Table tool rather than the Output tool to utilize the conditional formatting inside the Table tool.

One work around I tried is changing the data font size to 3, and then changing the font size in Excel.

Are there any alternative methods to prevent numbers and text getting cut off?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @AlteryxUser1, you can try adjusting the paper size to make it larger and stop the results being trimmed. This is in your final render tool which will output to Excel, after the table tool.

DataNath_0-1653419299667.png

Within the table tool itself, you may want to try and make the width larger to allow for the full values to be displayed.

DataNath_1-1653419423650.png

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Its a problem, but on the render tool, you need to make the paper size wider. This usually prevents data from being lost.

smoskowitz_0-1653419388209.png

Seth

AlteryxUser1
7 - Meteor

Thanks for pointing this out! I went to the Render tool and adjusted the paper size and it worked!

Labels