Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to pass data through workflow if container is disabled?

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

I've a flow where i add messages to a servicebus. But for the most part the flow has to be run, several times before doing the final run.

So I don't want to add messages to the que everu time, therefore I need a smooth solution, where I can pass data even if the servicebus container is disabled.

I've done this. But I assume this can be done smarter?

Hamder83_0-1667902688250.png

2 REPLIES 2
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @Hamder83, not sure if it's that much more succinct, but have you tried looking into the Detour tool(s)? Using these, you can basically send your workflow in a different direction - in your case, this would be one way if it's the final run where you want messages adding, and another way if it's an earlier run where you don't want them added.

Here's a quick example:

Starting data:

DataNath_0-1667903417425.png

'Detour to the Right' is NOT ticked so the workflow follows the treatment of the left stream (in this example, nothing):

DataNath_1-1667903445843.png

Output:

DataNath_2-1667903455620.png

Whereas if we detour the run to the right, the workflow follows the treatment of the right stream:

DataNath_3-1667903489039.png
DataNath_4-1667903501892.png

Perhaps this can be useful so you can do earlier/test runs under one stream and then just tick the detour for your final runs. Hope it helps either way!

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi @DataNath , i was looking at it, but I wanted to do it dynamic.

I'll accept as solution since it for some can serve their purpose :-) 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels