Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to merge data in a single row

Sanjana_HS
8 - Asteroid

After using crosstab my data is flowing in different columns, Ex: if there is item Car allowance and it has amounts in all 12 month it is flowing in separate row for each month where i need all month value in single row

Sanjana_HS_0-1663348594486.png

As shown in picture i want data to be aligned as per blue line

5 REPLIES 5
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

You have something not in the pictured clicked as a key field. Without seeing the rest of your data I can't diagnose exactly what it is - but go back to your crosstab tool and see what columns you have clicked as key fields.

Sanjana_HS
8 - Asteroid

@apathetichell i have selected "Sum"

Sanjana_HS_0-1663397575664.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @Sanjana_HS,

What are the key fields you have selected? Could you give a small example dataset? The cross tab tool can be hard to understand to new users. I would recommend checking out the community Getting-Started-Learning-Path for some context on how they work: https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Learning-Paths/Getting-Started-Learning-Path/ta-p/475117#done

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Sanjana_HS Can you provide some sample input data and expected output result?

Sarreddy
9 - Comet

is it your expect output? /  share sample data input data and expected output.

Sarreddy_0-1663571582735.png

Labels