Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to force two decimal places on CSV output

arrowtyler
6 - Meteoroid

I am designing a workflow that handles payment data and was encountering an issue where Alteryx was cutting off trailing zeroes. I converted to fixed decimal to define the length and was able to force the data to maintain two decimals throughout.

However, when I output to CSV, those decimals are removed. 1234.00 is cut to 1234. 1234.50 is cut to 1234.5. I am not sure why this is happening at the output. I am converting the data to string values before output, and all tools in the workflow display the data with decimals. Only in the exported CSV are those values missing.

Is there a way to force those decimal places when output to CSV?

1 REPLY 1
TimN
13 - Pulsar

If you are opening the CSV in excel then the issue might be how excel presents the data.  Try opening the csv in notepad or a text editor to see we the decimals are preserved.

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels