Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to find the count of number of selected item from list box

alt_tush
9 - Comet

Hi ,

I have developed the workflow where i used the list box. I have n number of items in list box.

I want to know the count of selected items from the list box.

If i have 10 items in list of and if i select 4 items out of 10 then my output shows 4 items selected from 10.

Thank you

2 REPLIES 2
apathetichell
18 - Pollux

connect a second action tool to your list box. Tie that into a text input. double check what your delimiter is for your list box selection in your list box tool (ie comma). attach a text to columns set in split to rows to your text input tool. use a summarize in count mode to get your counts. Append this downstream to wherever you want to record the number of selections.

JinoGeorge
6 - Meteoroid

Hey @apathetichell ,

I have a similar requirement here, but instead of just finding the no: of items, I need to put an error message if more than 5 items are selected. Can you please share the expression for that in an Error message tool. 

Labels