Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to change column header name to todays date

Anjankumar2021
8 - Asteroid

How to change column header name to todays date in Basic table. i tried to change through dynamic rename tool by Appling formula (IIF([_CurrentField_] ='T0', datetimeformat(DateTimeToday(),"%d-%b"),[_CurrentField_]))in output anchor i can see T0 changed to todays date (20-Feb) but in output through render tool its giving only T0.

Pls assist.

Anjankumar2021_2-1676873695636.png

Anjankumar2021_0-1676873419278.png

4 REPLIES 4
binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Anjankumar2021 One way of doing this with the dynamic rename tool

binuacs_0-1676877814242.png

Anjankumar2021
8 - Asteroid

Change column header name to todays date in Basic table. i tried to change through dynamic rename tool by Appling formula (IIF([_CurrentField_] ='T0', datetimeformat(DateTimeToday(),"%d-%b"),[_CurrentField_]))in output anchor i can see T0 changed to todays date (20-Feb) but in output through render tool its giving only T0.

Anjankumar2021
8 - Asteroid

change column header name to todays date in Basic table. i tried to change through dynamic rename tool by Appling formula (IIF([_CurrentField_] ='T0', datetimeformat(DateTimeToday(),"%d-%b"),[_CurrentField_]))in output anchor i can see T0 changed to todays date (20-Feb) but in output through render tool its giving only T0.

binuacs
20 - Arcturus

@Anjankumar2021 The dynamic rename should connect before the table tool, and the output of the dynamic tool should be connected to the table tool

binuacs_0-1676884734775.png

Labels