Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to calculate drive time between locations (e.g. 7 minute, 9 minute, 15 minute)?

RCG2019
5 - Atom

How do you calculate different drive times? I'm using the latitude and longitude for a set of locations, and also using the centroid tool to find the nearest point within X drive time. Alteryx default setting gives me maximum distance of 1-5, 10, 20, etc. but how do I find a different maximum distance such as 7-minutes drive time? 

8 REPLIES 8
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @RCG2019 

In order to calculate drive time, you need access to a drive time data set.  The standard license model for Alteryx doesn't include one, so you'll need to purchase one separately.  Alternatively, you can use Google's Distance Matrix API, but it has a cost for high volume use as well 

Dan

RCG2019
5 - Atom

Hi Dan, 

Thanks for your answer. I should have mentioned that I already have alteryx designer and have CASS and location datasets (so what I meant was using the latest TomTom data to calculate drive time between locations given longitude and latitude). I know how to do it for the preset distances/miles in Alteryx, but want to know how to configure the exact distance beyond just the given 3, 5, 10, 20 miles and so forth. 

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@RCG2019 

I'm not sure I understand.  When I use the distance tool it returns the exact distance between the source and the target.  Are you referring to the output of the find nearest tool?

Dan

RCG2019
5 - Atom

In these two attachments, I'm using the Find Nearest tool and selecting a 3 minute drive time (minutes) between the two sets of data. But I would like to be able to select a 7 minute drive time (minutes). 

2.PNG3.PNG

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

@RCG2019 

In the maximum distance drop down, you can type in any amount you want

distance.png

Dan 

RCG2019
5 - Atom

Thanks, Dan. I feel so stupid for not realizing I could have typed any amount into the box. Appreciate your fast replies!

danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

No problem!  Everyone has these moments.

Dan

alibink
7 - Meteor
Labels