Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to append a sum cell on top of a header in excel template?

aquamad96
5 - Atom

RIF1.PNG

Hi all. I'm new to alteryx and have had this issue. I have this workflow that takes SQL server data. I want to populate a excel template sheet as called "Test Storage Monthly Report" which has columns between E6 and V6 ready to be fed data. I also want to include a sum column on top of one of the headers, such that it looks like below, where the Sum_060_Charge_Amt_Billed column is filled by the sum of the 060_Charge_Amt_Billed cells.

RFI4.PNG

However I cannot seem to get it to populate the sum field. The other fields are fine but when I connect the sum function to a copy of the output but with the correct column location (U4), I cannot seem to map the sum column to its destination. To note, the sum does come up as an option in the destination tab but it doesn't seem to lock in when I select it, rather it stays as none.

I would like help to get this cell populated by the sum, how can I do this please? Thanks!

RIF3.PNG

RFI2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @aquamad96!

Are you able to upload your workflow and template with some dummy data? I'm sure we can help.

Sounds like you might want to try writing your data to a specific range in the Output tool.

The full path would look something like this:

C:\Users\temp\FileName.xlsx|||'Sheet1$A1:A2'

Let us know if this helps!

Thanks,
Deb

aquamad96
5 - Atom

Hi @ddiesel

Thanks for the help!

I did originally try that method, though it did not seem to work and in fact would result in the sheet to look like the dummy data image I've attached:

I need the sum data on top of the header. I think what is happening is that the sum data is in union with the data, alteryx is not splitting the 2 datasets apart

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi again @aquamad96!

Any chance you can upload your workflow and template with some dummy data?

Thanks,
Deb

Labels