Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to add Less Popular Tool to Favorites?

eduardosolomon
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I'd like to add some tools to my favorites bar which I have to search for. The more popular tools seem to have the "favorite" option in the top right corner, but some don't. Is there a way to add any tool to the favorites bar?

eduardosolomon_1-1671649769244.png

I want to add the Make Column tool to my favorites!

Thanks,

Eduardo

13 REPLIES 13
PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @eduardosolomon 

At the top under the categories, if you right-click a tool, you should see an option to add to favorites.

eduardosolomon
7 - Meteor

Hello @PanPP ,

When I right click a tool which is not already in the categories, it does not give me the option to "Add to Favorites".

Would you like showing me how to add a tool like "Make Column" to favorites?

Best,

Eduardo

TimN
13 - Pulsar

TimN_0-1671650434625.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@eduardosolomon great question, I didnt know where the make columns tool lives. Its in the Laboratory section for some reason:

IraWatt_0-1671651131008.png

eduardosolomon
7 - Meteor

Hi @TimN ,

I am not trying to add a popular tool to the favorites bar. I am trying to add a tool which does not show up in any of the existing categories. For example, the "Make Column" tool.

When I right-click a tool which does not show up in the categories, there appears to be no option to add this tool to the favorites bar. Also can't add it from the search results.

Could you show me how to add a tool like "Make Column"?

eduardosolomon_0-1671650734855.png

Best,

Eduardo

eduardosolomon
7 - Meteor

Thank you @IraWatt ! Does every tool live somewhere and I just have to hunt it down?

Is it possible to save custom tools to the favorites bar?

Thanks,

Eduardo

TimN
13 - Pulsar

Right-click the tool on the top not within the workflow.

TimN_0-1671650936082.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@eduardosolomon check my response above its in the labratory tool group. You can add the tool group from here:

IraWatt_0-1671650975816.png

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

@eduardosolomon I believe every Alteryx made tool lives somewhere and yes you can add custom tools but I assume you need to give that custom tool a tool group to live in:

IraWatt_0-1671651068186.png

Labels