Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to Resolve Column Value Swapping Issues When Importing an Excel File into Alteryx

AKPWZ
8 - Asteroid

Hi everyone,

I need urgent help!

I have an Excel file that I’m trying to read using the Input tool in Alteryx, but the column values are getting swapped after a few rows. How can I fix this?

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
OTrieger
12 - Quasar

@AKPWZ contact the person that provided you with the data and ask to get a proper data. Data integrity is one of the most important things.

If not possible then you can create REGEX matching flags based on the structure of the data that you are expecting to have and then filter the data based on these filters fix the rename the headers and union the data back.

binuacs
21 - Polaris

@AKPWZ that is strange, can you try to open by selecting the option "First row contains Data" in the input tool?

image.png

if the issue still persist can you copy the data to a new excel file and try again?

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels