Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to Remove Duplicate Pairs

jrjoseph18
6 - Meteoroid

How can I remove one of the two pairs (see highlighted text)?: 

Capture.PNG

Thank you!

12 REPLIES 12
JohnJPS
15 - Aurora

Hi @Fgill,

If you had data something like:

Field1Field2
aaabbb
bbbaaa
cccddd
eeefff

If you wanted to "de-dupe" treating Field1 and Field2 as the same thing, then aaa-bbb and bbb-aaa are the same thing... the generation of a "compareField" as specified in the previous post, needs the max/min functions to make both rows "bbb_aaa" so that they will succeefully de-dupe.

Hope that helps!

- John

Adauto
5 - Atom

Perfect, congratulations!

bquinn
5 - Atom

Kenda,

Very helpful... thanks for the info.  Did find that it only works with the 4 characters (in the code that you put out).  I had to modify the code slightly for my use (store numbers that were 3 and 4 digits.  In some cases, where the store numbers were 3 vs. a 4 digit number, it would include a dash.  If it were 3 vs. 3 or 4 vs. 4, it worked perfectly.  I just padded all the 3 digit values with a leading zero and it completes.  Realize this is an old post, but I'm in and out of Alteryx all the time, so learned something new.  Thanks again.

Labels