Announcement | We'll be doing maintenance between 2-3 hours, which may impact your experience. Thanks for your patience as we work on improving the community!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
RÉSOLU

How to Ignore Certain Rows of Excel Input File

shaheer
Astéroïde

I have data in a file that looks similar to this:

Company NameApple   
Total Employees100   
Compensation    

NameAgeHoursManager1Manager2
James2040AnnieJack
John2540KuldeepJack
Amy2240ArthurAlbert

I want to use the select tool to grab the following columns: Name, Hours, Manager1. However, when I try to use the tool, these headers do not show up and instead I see F1, F2, F3 etc. I want to ignore rows 1-5 and only use data from row 6 onwards, 

I have tried using the "Start Data Import on Line 6" feature in the Input Data tool, but that only worked for a smaller sample size I was testing with. It disappears when I use the larger file I want to work with. 

shaheer_1-1664894572013.png

22 RÉPONSES 22
shaheer
Astéroïde

It's in my downloads folder but I am unable to open it, possibly because I have an earlier version of alteryx? It also says it is a package, and when I move forward in the steps for opening it, it gives me the error I showed.

binuacs
Arcturus

@shaheer Can you share your input file settings

shaheer
Astéroïde

shaheer_0-1664896527618.png

Are these the settings you are looking for? I am new to alteryx sorry.

binuacs
Arcturus

@shaheer Attaching another option

binuacs_0-1664896938499.png

Emmanuel_G
Pulsar

@shaheer 

In attachement a way of doing that if you don't have option in input tool.

Emmanuel_G_0-1664897250156.png

shaheer
Astéroïde

It doesn't seem to change anything. 

shaheer_0-1664897229987.png

Even with this tool, the headers appear in the select tool as shown above, rather than their actual names such as Name, Age, etc. 

shaheer
Astéroïde

I'd previously tried this, didn't work either. I am going to try starting from scratch again, but this time start with the actual file I want to work with and not the sample size.

binuacs
Arcturus

@shaheer what is your alteryx version?

shaheer
Astéroïde

@Emmanuel_G @binuacs So I've started from scratch, and now the option to start the Data Input from line _ is available again. I am going to continue and update you guys soon. 

shaheer
Astéroïde

2021.2 x64

Étiquettes