Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do i read all the excel files along with their sheets

Theja_G
6 - Meteoroid

I have different dates of excel files and in that each file have different sheets example - File1 - 25-04-2023 | sheet1, sheet2, File2 - 26-04-2023 | sheet1, sheet2, sheet3, File3 - 27-04-2023 | sheet1, sheet2

Now how do i read all the excel files along with different sheets into Alteryx? i tried using dynamic input tool but its throwing an error for sheet3.

6 REPLIES 6
Theja_G
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @messi

I went through the above link as like method 2 i have created the workflow but still it ignore the sheet 3 file for me. i think its taking like union. can you please help me here.

Thanks in advance.

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Theja_G - Can you please provide a file sample?

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

Hi @Theja_G ,

I followed the link How To: Import Multiple Excel Sheets or a Specific... - Alteryx Community, which @messi007 provided,

and it worked as attachment. (Please unzip the file in the same folder)

Could you check if there are any differences with your workflow?

Input Data

Each sheet has one cell as below with File Name and Sheet Name.

Yoshiro_Fujimori_2-1683527281611.png

Result window (with "Show All Macro Messages" on)

Yoshiro_Fujimori_0-1683526995215.png

Output

Yoshiro_Fujimori_1-1683527224524.png

Theja_G
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Yoshiro_Fujimori 

Thanks for your help. I need one more thing that how to see file name in the output along with the data?

I checked the box to see the filename in the output but after running the macro its only pulling the data but not file name. i want to see which record is coming from which file name.

Yoshiro_Fujimori
15 - Aurora

I just answered to a similar question.

Could you check this post?

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Desktop-Discussions/extracting-sheet-names-from-ex...

Labels