Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I view an analytic app's results in the gallery?

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

I hope this is a very basic question and my lack of use of analytic apps and the gallery.   In my example, if I run an application from the gallery, give it two dates (start/end),  and the result shows me a list of dates within that range with counts.  How do you view that output on the workflow results window without emailing yourself or generating a file or whatever.  I just want to see the simple output as a result of a successful run.  I would assume it would show a simple HTML output.

The only thing I've ever had show up was:

This workflow produced no output.

3 REPLIES 3
NikyN
9 - Comet

Hello @john_watkins,

I would go with Render Tool:

1) select Output Mode: Choose a specific Output File but DO NOT specified the path, only FileName and extension

2) in the Application (Interface tab), you will need to ticket that On Success - Show Results to user and select tool from previous step

NikyN_0-1645133179218.pngNikyN_1-1645133199180.png

Also you can read more here https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Discussions/Show-data-after-running-analytic-app-in-...

Best Luck!

Niky

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @john_watkins 

Adding to @NikyN's tip, you can also use .pcxml extension (which gives you the pretty html output format), or a simple .yxdb extension with an Output tool. That will also produce an output.

The Browse tool is useless in the Alteryx Server, so you need to work with Output/Render tools to produce outputs in the Gallery.

Cheers,

john_watkins
11 - Bolide

Thanks @NikyN and @Thableaus !!!   I was very close, but both of those solutions work.    There seems to be no way to select an output of pcxml by going through the tool so I guess you just have to know to make up a file name and use that .pcxml or whatever extension.  Almost everything I've done to date is a database load so I'm trying to come up the curve on the application side of the gallery.

Labels