Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How do I Join 5 Inputs with 2 alike columns? I need the acct and commodity col listed once

tmitchell30
7 - Meteor

I have 5 workflows (ex. 2 below with a different 3rd column) and I need them to join by account and commodity columns. All 5 have a different third column that need to stack next to the like account and commodity column.

Screenshot 2023-12-28 151925.png

Screenshot 2023-12-28 152307.png

LOOK Li 

Output.png

tmitchell30_0-1703799033780.png

7 REPLIES 7
alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Sounds like a Join Multiple tool would work well! Just make sure your data is unique beforehand in each of the five small flows

Raj
15 - Aurora

JOIN multiple will help you to achieve the required
or combination of multiple join and union tools will also work.

tmitchell30
7 - Meteor

Ok, I got it to work. How do I get just the Account and Commodity Columns to show up just once?

Join.png

tmitchell30
7 - Meteor

See my post below, please.

Raj
15 - Aurora

@tmitchell30 Add a select tool to do so
or use the configuration of the join multiple tool to uncheck the repeated columns

alexnajm
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

You go into the Join Multiple tool and deselect the columns you don’t want. 

However, if you need to bring values over from a column, you might need to do some sort of Formula to get the right values, then use a Select to remove the extra columns. 

Either way you have options!

tmitchell30
7 - Meteor

Thank you both so much.

Labels