Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can add Comma Separator?

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Hello:

Good afternoon everyone. How can I add this (,) separator in Alteryx

(5,503)

Appreciate your help.

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Kinetic_analytics 

Can you be more specific, are you looking to have this in your output or just in viewing the data in Alteryx. For the results pane you can toggle this with the below setting:

Luke_C_0-1666715707640.png

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

@Luke_C Thanks for your quick comment. I just in viewing the data in Alteryx. For sure later part when workflow will be complete later part I want that also as in output .XLSX 

hope it is bit more clear. :)

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Kinetic_analytics 

I'd recommend handling that format in the excel file itself. Adding commas explicitly in alteryx will cause the field to be treated as a string and make your life harder downstream when it goes to Excel.

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Kinetic_analytics 

If you are wanting to see the comma separator within the data itself, you will be unable to have it as a numeric data type. You will need to convert it to a string/create a new field using the below formula:

tostring([Field1],0,1)

The second parameter tells the formula to use the decimal separator.

DavidSkaife_0-1666715991343.png

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Thanks for helping me to learn and understand. Quick question, in the formula tool If I refer the existing column does it change?

DavidSkaife
13 - Pulsar

Hi @Kinetic_analytics 

Not with the formula tool no, if you reference an existing field it will not allow you to change the field type.

However, if you use a Multi-field tool you can! Just remember to set the size correctly to ensure all your data is included.

DavidSkaife_0-1666716529076.png

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

Thank you. :) Appreciate your time and help. :)

Labels