Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I transform this IFERROR VLOOKUP?

Kinetic_analytics
11 - Bolide

ife.JPG

I want a formula to solve this sitution.

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

You can use a filter tool and branch off null values into another stream, then perform a join to the values you need to look up in another source, and then finally union that data back together. 

nukapop92
5 - Atom

And for replacing the #N/A error, the best way is to use IFERROR with VLOOKUP. IFERROR is a function which can help you to evaluate a value and if that value is an error it will return a custom value instead of that error.

FlorianC
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Kinetic_analytics,

While you could achieve what you are looking for with the join multiple tool, I believe there is an easier way.

In the example attached, I am first merging the list of active and completed cases, then performing a full join (VLOOKUP) using the join tool + the union tool.

Example workflowExample workflowWorkflow resultsWorkflow results

Florian Carrier
Strategic Solution Consultant
Alteryx
Labels