Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How can I stop generate blank output files

munipavankumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

In my WF, I have multiple inputs and multiple outputs that are generated by the Render Tool. It is generating the blank output files when there is no data available in the input side. I want output files when there is data. I don't want to generate blank output files. How can I do this? Any suggestions please...!

21 REPLIES 21
flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @munipavankumar 

Which version are you using?  after run the wf of @binuacs , 1 output file with data, 2 output nothing, even you change the temporary document to .xlsx file.

munipavankumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @flying008 , But while i am doing, for the 2nd output with no data is generating the blank file. I have already attached the screenshot reason. Because the empty table field is coming to the Render Tool. we can stop generate the output. But I can't able to filter the empty table field. Can you please help on this.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @munipavankumar 

In fact, if you run the workflow by @binuacs , the 2nd flow by [Count > 0] output nothing, all outputs ( 1st flow  + 2nd flow ) have create only 1 file(pdf or xlsx or etc..), as your want stop generate blank output files. 

So what is your problem now? and which version are you using? 

munipavankumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @flying008

This is my Alteryx version. Have you tried running the flow choosing excel as an Render Tool output that is shared by @binuacs.

I am getting both outputs. This is my actual problem.

1.png

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @munipavankumar 

Yes, I change the output file type to .xlsx, get only one ouput .xlsx after run.  So will this issue be related to the version?

munipavankumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @flying008 , Please share your version also i will try to install and check furthur.

flying008
14 - Magnetar

Hi, @munipavankumar 

Maybe you can try v2021.* or v2023.2 to check it.

afellows
8 - Asteroid

I'm not sure whether this would work actually, in testing it there is still an empty yxdb being written but perhaps it will help your scenario. Perhaps a better solution is to use a control container so that it is only enabled if there are records present. 

munipavankumar
8 - Asteroid

Hi @afellows, unfortunately not working.

afellows
8 - Asteroid

Control containers will be your best bet then I think, as far as I know that's the only sure way of stopping Alteryx's execution. 

Labels