Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Highlight cells that = 'No' across whole workbook

thrnma
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have created an Excel in Alteryx. The table itself is fine and works, but I am now trying to set it up so that every time the word 'No' appears in the table, I want to highlight it. I figured out how to do it per column/field, but I cannot set it up for every field as the size of the table will change. 

thrnma_0-1601642444043.png

The image above shows the fields that are currently in my table. However, next month, the table may have more or less iterations of the 4 variables (e.g. next month, there may be a 4_Comments, 4_Completion, 4_Reason and 4_Value). 

I basically want the table tool to look at every cell in the workbook, as opposed to having to set it up to look at specific rows/columns.

I tried by looking at specific rows (as the rows will not change, just the number of columns), but I could only highlight full rows and could not specify to look at just 'No'

Please can someone help.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @BrianDumm 

The key for background colour is BackColor=.  You can find all the various style configurations by setting up the rules in a table tool and then looking at the XML of the table tool.  Under the Advanced tab in User Settings check "Display XML in Properties Window"

danilang_0-1632047910363.png

Then select the Table tool where you've set up the background color rule, click the </> icon on the left and look for the <Style ... /> line

danilang_1-1632048412621.png

Dan

BrianDumm
6 - Meteoroid

Awesome Tip.  Thanks again!

Mond
8 - Asteroid

nvm

Labels