Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Highlight cells that = 'No' across whole workbook

thrnma
7 - Meteor

Hello,

I have created an Excel in Alteryx. The table itself is fine and works, but I am now trying to set it up so that every time the word 'No' appears in the table, I want to highlight it. I figured out how to do it per column/field, but I cannot set it up for every field as the size of the table will change. 

thrnma_0-1601642444043.png

The image above shows the fields that are currently in my table. However, next month, the table may have more or less iterations of the 4 variables (e.g. next month, there may be a 4_Comments, 4_Completion, 4_Reason and 4_Value). 

I basically want the table tool to look at every cell in the workbook, as opposed to having to set it up to look at specific rows/columns.

I tried by looking at specific rows (as the rows will not change, just the number of columns), but I could only highlight full rows and could not specify to look at just 'No'

Please can someone help.

Thank you

12 REPLIES 12
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @BrianDumm 

The key for background colour is BackColor=.  You can find all the various style configurations by setting up the rules in a table tool and then looking at the XML of the table tool.  Under the Advanced tab in User Settings check "Display XML in Properties Window"

danilang_0-1632047910363.png

Then select the Table tool where you've set up the background color rule, click the </> icon on the left and look for the <Style ... /> line

danilang_1-1632048412621.png

Dan

BrianDumm
6 - Meteoroid

Awesome Tip.  Thanks again!

Mond
8 - Asteroid

nvm

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels