Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with Macro to select which column to use in a filter tool

csh8428
10 - Fireball

I have a data-set with a bunch of columns. I'm trying to make a macro that I can select which field I want to use as the filter field. There are no errors, it just doesn't work. 

In the attached macro, the default is [Outlier Above 1.0 StDev] = "Y".  What I want to be able to do is select which field from the input can be used instead of [Outlier Above 1.0 StDev]. I've read tons of posts and spent well over an hour trying various configurations, but just can't get it.

Thanks for any help,

Craig

6 REPLIES 6
IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @csh8428,

Few things here. First thing there is no "Outlier Above 1.0 StDev" to replace there is a [Outlier Above 1.0 StDev] so you will need to change that. 

IraWatt_0-1661456870224.png

Also this setting here will generate a list like "value selected 1","Value selected 2". If you replace the formula like this it will generate this "value selected 1" = "Y" which will always be false:

IraWatt_1-1661456929740.png

If you only want to ever select one column I would change it to this:

IraWatt_2-1661457042004.png

And this:

IraWatt_10-1661457157652.png

IraWatt_11-1661457173617.png

Any questions or issues please ask

Ira Watt
Technical Consultant
Watt@Bulien.com 

DataNath
17 - Castor

Have amended the macro - a List Box here isn't useful as that tends to be for selecting multiple of a possible value or list of values to pass through a filter, rather than selecting an individual field, and so I've changed it to a Dropdown like so:

Edit: There was also a couple of things 'under the hood' to re-configure, but @IraWatt has covered them perfectly above! :)

DataNath_0-1661457496927.png

csh8428
10 - Fireball

Thanks @IraWatt and @DataNath !

I can only accept one solution so I picked @DataNath 's since he made it easier ;)

DataNath
17 - Castor

No problem @csh8428! But you can mark more than one answer as a a solution - would give Ira’s a tick as well for the explanation and detailed breakdown!

csh8428
10 - Fireball

@DataNath ahh. didn't know you could do that. Thanks! I've also accepted @IraWatt 's post as a solution.

IraWatt
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

😄 thanks @DataNath & @csh8428 ! 

Labels