Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLUCIONADO

Help with Action tool

Joy1
Asteroide

Hi everyone,

I am struggling to make the action tool work. Even though I have added an action tool+texbox input to my macro, I still cannot see any prompt. The macro just runs without asking for my input (directly applies the standard value)

Any tips on how to make it work? 

Joy1_0-1581936737024.png

Thanks a lot !

11 RESPOSTAS 11
Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @Joy1,

In order to open up the app questions you will need to click on the wand icon in the top right hand corner next to your run button.

image.png

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Actually if it's a macro with interface tools, have you actually inserted the macro into a workflow? When inserting the macro into a workflow you should see the interface questions in the configuration pane.

If this solves your issue please mark the answer as correct, if not let me know!

Regards,

Jonathan

Joy1
Asteroide

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. 

When I try to run it this way, I get a "no configuration required" message...

Any idea why it's not prompting me for an input?

Jonathan-Sherman
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Have you tried inserting it as a macro into another workflow? Or could you attach the workflow?

Regards,

Jonathan

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Joy1,

This is an example of how to be able to see interface tools within macros

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

Joy1
Asteroide

Hi, 

It does work. But the problem is that it is not very user-friendly. Can I have it pop-out and force the user to put this input? To make it more clear etc...

Joy1
Asteroide

Hi,

How can I see your macro workflow? I am not familiar on how to see the macro's workflow if it is imported. I want to see how you define the action tool within the macro to make it work!

Thanks a lot!

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @Joy1 ,

To see the macro workflow just right click and open the path of the macro:

Untitled.png

Regards

Joy1
Asteroide

Thanks a lot!

So in others words, it doesn't work unless I have an output module? It can't simply run as if it was a normal run such as I can see the results along the entire workflow?

Rótulos