Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help with Access Workflow Data

lisamccullough
8 - Asteroid

Someone else created my Alteryx workflow for me a while ago and now he has moved to a new position within the company and is no longer available for questions. I copied and pasted the workflow he created and now I'm trying to modify it to run a different report, but with the same file. He told me I should add the Browse Tool before the Summarize Tool in order to see where we're aggregating to the JE's. I've tried doing this several times but, to no avail. I only need to change the account number that the workflow is pulling from the report and some other small elements. How do I access the data to change the account number?

Thanks,

Lisa McCullough

2 REPLIES 2
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

HI @lisamccullough,

A Browse tool only lets you see what is happening at a specific place in the workflow; it doesn't change how the workflow functions.  Without seeing your workflow it is difficult to see where the changes need to be made, but look for the account number in a Filter tool.  If you can take a screen shot of the workflow it may help to answer your question, even if you cannot share the data.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @lisamccullough 

If a specific Account Number is being brought through, there is likely a filter tool at some place in the workflow that only passes through the rows that have that account number present in the column specified as seen below:

account filter.png

If there is not currently a filter and every account number is being passed through in your workflow, you can add a filter tool like the one above and specify which account number you would like to isolate. 

Labels