Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help reading multiple xlsm files

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

I have tried several macro's without getting any closer.

I have attached one of the files I want to read. (I get several files, with 100% same structure) Therefore I want to be able to read several files at once. Its the sheet PurchaseAccountMapping and I need to read from line 4.

I found one macro that could read the files, but i was not able to specifi the start line.. and im not able to add it myself when I dont have a classic input object.

So any help would be appriciated.

4 REPLIES 4
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Hamder83 

Is it possible for you to share a 2nd excel file or the macro you tried? You should be able to specify the start row, and even if you can't you can use a sample tool to skip the first 4 rows. 

Hamder83
11 - Bolide

Hi 

I have a macro now, when I use it it loads the folder correctly - but only loads in one of many files, despite them having exactly the same structure.

Ive attached the macro, and the sample files.

Sashikumar
8 - Asteroid

I Create a module it will read all your .xlsm (PurchaseAccountMapping) sheet details.

Give me a like and make it resolve if my module solve your major problem.

Spoiler
read_xlms_files.PNG
Hamder83
11 - Bolide

@Sashikumar sorry for the late reply, this works. Gonna give you credit for the solution 🙂 

Thank you 

Labels