Important Community update: The process for changing your account details was updated on June 25th. Learn how this impacts your Community experience and the actions we suggest you take to secure your account here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help needed in filtering the data and writing a output as excel file and repeat the same

GopalR
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I am new to Alteryx, I am trying to filter data dynamically and write output in excel and repeat the same process for all the records in Filter table. I have uploaded the workflow and macro. It would be great if someone can help in identify what is wrong with the attached workflow. Error1.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @GopalR ,

You almost had it. On your macro change the action tools as following:

On your filter:

Untitled.png

On the output:

Untitled2.png

Cheers

GopalR
5 - Atom

Thanks for your support!

I have tried it as you advised , If I run the macro alone, I get the single Input in Excel file, But when I try with the workflow again I am getting the Parse tool error without any output.

Regards,Error2.JPG

Gopal

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @GopalR ,

Are you sure you have done the modifications as I showed them? It is working for me fine.

Untitled.png

Check first that the checkboxes are as in my images (unchecked)

UPDATE: Noticed that on my screnshot it is not seen, but the 'Update a specific string' box in my action tool on the filter tool is unchecked. Sorry for not showing it.

cheers

GopalR
5 - Atom

It's working fine.. Thank you so much for your support... Appreciate your time! :)

Labels