Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help Data prep.

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

Hi All,

I used the new Text Mining tool, and I could extract some info out of a PDF invoice. Unfortunately, it gives me all the results in a row, but I need a second row for items. I named them Row1 and Row2. Would you please guide me on how I can sort them? I am very new to Alteryx.

Thank you in advance,

30-08-2020 1-09-09 AM.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @VahidGoli —  You can do it as well.

Can you please attached your data or export this result using "Output" tool so that we could assist you?

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

Hi @vizAlter,

Thanks for your response. Sorry for my silly question, but I am very new to this community and software. Would you please let me know what do you mean by "Output" tool? Do you need my workflow or..?

Thanks

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@VahidGoli — Refer to attached screenshot it has two methods to find tool:

vizAlter_0-1598724168478.png

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

@VahidGoli — Hope the attached solution will be helpful for you.

Refer to the logic that how did I use both the "Select" tools, a simplest trick.

vizAlter_0-1598725590209.png

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it "Like", or "Solved" with a Like if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

@

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Try this which I have developed on your file.

If this post assists in resolving the question, please mark it "Like", or "Solved" with a Like if it resolves the question. This will help other users find the same answer/resolution.  Thank you.

VahidGoli
8 - Asteroid

@vizAlter,

I really appreciate your help. I just had a question....

This process is still very manual, do you have any idea how I can automate it? I mean is there a way to use a kind of filter instead of manually selection?

Thanks for your Helps.

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

It's the simplest trick which takes a few seconds only, one time activity.

vizAlter
12 - Quasar

It's the simplest trick which takes a few seconds only, one time activity.

Labels