Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Help ! Alteryx - how to create a new column and the value of new column is conditional

David
5 - Atom

Hi all - I am trying to create a new column into the dataset. The value of this new column will be conditional (based on another column), see below for details:

Eg: If  column to the left = "location", then I want the new column equal to the cell above that cell. I think the tool should be used here is the formula tool, but I don't know how to write the formula. 

Original data:

David_0-1655252347435.png

Trying to achieve: 

David_1-1655252390909.png

3 REPLIES 3
DataNath
17 - Castor

Hey @David, how does this look?

DataNath_0-1655254596132.png

David
5 - Atom

@DataNathThank you very much! Is there a way for us to combine these 2 "Multiple Row" tools? Essentially, I want to Alteryx to create a new column, and the value of new column should equal to the word above "location". The solution you provided looks really close to what I am trying to achieve but I don't want "New Column" (n4 and n9). 

DataNath
17 - Castor

Have updated the workflow @David, how's this?

DataNath_0-1655328305177.png

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels