Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

HELP ! Workflow Multiple Inputs - Wont Run Gallery

Tommy_Alterax
8 - Asteroid

HI Guys,

I have a workflow which I can run perfectly on my desktop and output to excel or a SQL database - There are 6 inputs 5 API and 1 SQL DB 

Its runs perfect on my desktop however, when I migrate to the Alteryx gallery - I get a validation error noting that it does not recognize some  new formulae variables created from existing columns (basic addition/math in formulae tool) - The error is Parse  Error at Char 19 unknown Variable

I know there is no issue with data types or syntax errors in the formulae - I took the particular formulae tool out of the workflow and it just goes to the same error with another column

Now I have tested my input connections on the gallery , they appear to be fine - When I break the workflow into smaller sections it runs and output on gallery

However, pulling the workflow together and doing all the joins - It will run on my desktop , just not on the gallery - I'm not at the level chains etc - I am on Alx version 2020 as that is what is on the server at my employer -

Below is an image of the workflow - Blue is data processing , green is data input and purple are joins

I tried downloading the macro parallel block until done - could not get it working - Cannot see how block until is done will work , dropped it in a few places - All with no success - HELP !!!!! 

3 REPLIES 3
caltang
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

First - don't panic.

Second, can you describe your problem better? After reading your post, you seem to have the issue of "it works in Designer but not in Server" and I am not sure why you are using Parallel Block Until Done tool in this scenario - are you facing an output error or?

If it works on Designer and not on Server because of the output error or that you're trying to do things sequentially and not in parallel, can you check if your AMP engine is on in Designer vis-a-vis with Server?

P.S I can't see your workflow, it's too small and pixelated... can you zoom in to where your error is occuring and provide the text of the error in full?

Calvin Tang
Alteryx ACE
https://www.linkedin.com/in/calvintangkw/
Tommy_Alterax
8 - Asteroid

Hi Nebula,

Thanks for coming back to me - I appreciate it - I have done more work and broken down my problem

I think its due to a cross tab on a date and time,

Firstly in the select tool i change it from date time to just date 

then I cross tab so my dates are along the top as column names and $ cost is summed below them - The Cross tab changes the format from say "2023-01-01" to "2023_01_01" 

In my workflow then I do a basic formula addition with 2 of the Month columns - 

On validating saving to the gallery I get a does not recognize the month column variable in the formulae tool -

If I remove this basic formulae tool from the workflow it saves and runs on the gallery and outputs to an excel file.

I have removed all the other inputs (you'll note I mentioned 6) and just done the cross tab with 1 and input and a formulae addition and the error is Unknown Variable "2023_11_01" being 1 of my cross tab columns used in the formulae

I just switched the Amp engine on and tried saving to the gallery , 2 issues

Workflow saves wtihout being validated

I think amp engine is disabled from the gallery

Tommy_Alterax
8 - Asteroid

PS - I was just looking at potential problems and thats why I tried using the parallel block until done - Just trying random things and I couldnt get it working - I figured out later about the cross tab

Labels