Join the Alteryx Community’s Maveryx Summer Cup event! Compete, network with others, and earn your gold through a series of challenges from July 24th to August 11th. Learn more about the event here.

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Grouping by Unique value but counting all instances of value over multiple fields

Astraithious
7 - Meteor

Hello! I have had wonderful success in reaching out to the community for help in my new passion for this program so I was hoping to find a solution to this new problem that has left me stumped for a good two days.

I am trying to condense down 37 rows of data which contain a lot of 0's but some fields do have values. I would like to be able to group by every unique value in my data set then count how many times that value appears but because the data is so spread out I can't quite get there with how I have been trying now.

Any ideas would be fantastic thank you.

Sample data is attached 

3 REPLIES 3
Kanderson
10 - Fireball

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. You could of course add more groupings. 

BenMoss
ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

I would have done exactly what Kanderson has done. And as he says if you wanted to develop this further and understand the number of each value within each column then you would just add this in as a group by. 

Astraithious
7 - Meteor

Amazing haha I never thought of flipping them into the a very long single row then grouping by value. Thank you so much for shedding light on this problem of mine. I am very happy to see its simple and I just didn't think of it in that manner

Labels