Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Grouping and re-organising data

NC
5 - Atom

Hi.

This is my first time posting on the forums so thanks in advance of answering my query.

I’m new to Alteryx and am still figuring out all the different ways to manipulate data. I was wondering how I would go about manipulating data as I have done in the attached excel workbook.

I have raw data which arrives in a certain format and shows individual sales records. But I need to aggregate this data into a pre-specified template which is aggregated for each sales person. The aggregation process also needs to intuitively allow for overspills and place data into ‘vacant’ slots. For example, in the attached, the data template only has entries for 2 sales records for Pears but there are more than 2 sales records. In this case, a check should be made on the other fields (in this case Grapes) and use these ‘vacant slots’.

I don’t if I will have to build this up block by block or if there is a Tile that can cover multiple aspects at once.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
jrgo
14 - Magnetar

@NC 

Here's what I was able to come up with, but the result this produced don't match up exactly to what's shown in your "Worked_Example" sheet. For example, yours showed only 2 groups for "Pears", but the raw data has 4 records for "Bob", which if I understood your condition for "Apples", this item should have 4 groups.

Either way, this should give you a starting point and fine-tune as necessary.

jrgo_0-1619465770956.png

Labels