Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Group Total in New Column

JennyRuns24
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Could someone assist me in adding a new column that displays a location total? For example, if the total for the group is 57, the number 57 will appear seven times in the new column.

Thank you

JennyRuns24_0-1670172847913.png

7 REPLIES 7
JosephSerpis
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

HI @JennyRuns24 you can use a summarise tool to group by location and then sum the total and then use a join tool to join those total back onto your data using the location to achieve the results you describe.

ShankerV
17 - Castor

@JennyRuns24 

Can you please attach a dataset or sample dataset, so that can work on the solution which best suites your need.

Many thanks

Shanker V

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @JennyRuns24 

You will need to use the summarize tool in the Transform category of Designer.

In the summarize tool, group by the columns Campus Name / Client property code and then sum the last column.

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

JennyRuns24
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

Thank you for your help...I still will need to show the BOMA 2nd level column, as well as, the sum boma column. Basically, I still need to show all columns in the image, but an additional one added. 

PanPP
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can then use the Join tool using the Campus Name as the unique identifier to merge the dataset back together giving you an extra column with the count value. 

Hope this helps, if it does please like this post and if it helps resolve your problem, mark it as a solution. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

KrishnaChithrathil
11 - Bolide

@JennyRuns24 

Will this help?

KrishnaChithrathil_1-1670220142053.png

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1670220111069.png

What do you mean by "Basically, I still need to show all columns in the image, but an additional one added."

If you need the original 'Sum_BOMA Weighted Square Footage......' you can check that particular column in Join tool configuration.

KrishnaChithrathil_2-1670221118543.png

you'll get it like this.

KrishnaChithrathil_0-1670220958751.png

JennyRuns24
8 - Asteroid

Thank you for all of the details! Very helpful, Thanks!

Labels