Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Google Analytics 4 Input: Internal Error: Failed to read port assignment

KK999
6 - Meteoroid

Hi community,

I have an unexplained issue when I am trying to connect Alteryx Designer with Google Analytics API via  Alteryx Google Analytics 4 Input tool. Google Analytics tool has stopped returning data after a point in time (had to migrate to G4) so I want to manage this connectivity because we cannot access the data and obviously feed our reports.

I attach a screenshot:

sshot.png

I have managed to authorize the user by providing client id and client secret and connecting to google app (as it seems in the screenshot as well) but when I run the workflow I get these errors:

Google Analytics 4 Input (1): Internal error: Failed to read port assignment

Google Analytics 4 Input (1): Internal error: Deadlock detected (@1)

The Alteryx Designer version is: Version: 2022.3.1.486 Patch: 3

Can anyone please help?

4 REPLIES 4
nellis
5 - Atom

Where you able to resolve the issue? I'm running into a similar problem.

KK999
6 - Meteoroid

Nope - still having the same issue

nellis
5 - Atom

I was able to get past the issue recently, but have ran into a different problem.

I believe what fixed the "Failed to read port assignment" and "Deadlock detected" issues was ensuring that I had the correct scopes selected for the App Registration. Under the cloud console for your app you used to generate the client ID and secret go to OAuth consent screen -> Edit App -> Scopes.

GA4 Scopes.png

Hope that points you in the right direction.

KK999
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the workaround!
I had done something similar when I was trying to find where is the issue but I could not resolve it.
To be frank, I do not remember if I have added the scopes exactly the same as you are suggesting above.
I will try it and get back to you. 

Polls
We’re dying to get your help in determining what the new profile picture frame should be this Halloween. Cast your vote and help us haunt the Community with the best spooky character.
Don’t ghost us—pick your favorite now!
Labels