Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

Google Analytics 4 Input: Internal Error: Failed to read port assignment

KK999
6 - Meteoroid

Hi community,

I have an unexplained issue when I am trying to connect Alteryx Designer with Google Analytics API via  Alteryx Google Analytics 4 Input tool. Google Analytics tool has stopped returning data after a point in time (had to migrate to G4) so I want to manage this connectivity because we cannot access the data and obviously feed our reports.

I attach a screenshot:

sshot.png

I have managed to authorize the user by providing client id and client secret and connecting to google app (as it seems in the screenshot as well) but when I run the workflow I get these errors:

Google Analytics 4 Input (1): Internal error: Failed to read port assignment

Google Analytics 4 Input (1): Internal error: Deadlock detected (@1)

The Alteryx Designer version is: Version: 2022.3.1.486 Patch: 3

Can anyone please help?

4 REPLIES 4
nellis
5 - Atom

Where you able to resolve the issue? I'm running into a similar problem.

KK999
6 - Meteoroid

Nope - still having the same issue

nellis
5 - Atom

I was able to get past the issue recently, but have ran into a different problem.

I believe what fixed the "Failed to read port assignment" and "Deadlock detected" issues was ensuring that I had the correct scopes selected for the App Registration. Under the cloud console for your app you used to generate the client ID and secret go to OAuth consent screen -> Edit App -> Scopes.

GA4 Scopes.png

Hope that points you in the right direction.

KK999
6 - Meteoroid

Thank you for the workaround!
I had done something similar when I was trying to find where is the issue but I could not resolve it.
To be frank, I do not remember if I have added the scopes exactly the same as you are suggesting above.
I will try it and get back to you. 

Labels